Websites can be knocked offline by many different causes. Server or webmaster errors, DDoS attacks and even data center power failures can take your website out of commission.
Knowledge is power. The sooner you know there is a problem, the sooner you can begin finding a solution.
That’s why a comprehensive website monitoring program is so important for your business. And, as always, SiteUptime is dedicated to providing you with that system.
We help to ensure that your site is up and running when your customers visit.
And now, the best way to monitor your website’s uptime just got better. SiteUptime’s new API system gives you the freedom to control your monitors from anywhere. With the new SiteUptime Website Monitor API 2.0, you can easily make adjustments and changes to your website monitoring program—whether you are tracking a single website or hundreds.
Just set up your API using a remote custom script and then begin exploring the ways instant access and control can make your web monitoring even better.
Benefits of Using SiteUptime Website Monitor API 2.0
Based on the easy to implement REST protocols and using JSON language, our new API provides your web development team with an array of options for monitoring and design. In addition to being able to add or change monitors, SiteUptime’s API 2.0 allows you to easily access and integrate monitoring statistics into your custom dashboard. You’ll be able to customize and implement new monitoring for each of your websites or clients efficiently using the new API 2.0.
Here are just a few of the ways to make use of this powerful interface:
- Collect information on every monitor. Use the GET function to create an output and performance list for all of the devices or services that you have selected for monitoring. Using the GET function permits quick access to all of your monitoring activity for every domain. Then, you can share, analyze and track the details in your own database or custom dashboard.
- Gather results for a single monitor. The GET function paired with a single monitor’s ID allows you to retrieve specific information. Set up an interface that collects individual monitor data for individual clients or staffers. With this feature, your developers can create scripts that access information when needed and integrate that information into your custom reporting program.
- Add or delete monitors from your service list. With POST and PUT commands, monitors can be added or updated from your control panel. DELETE removes monitors that no longer need to be covered. Using a customized script, you can add new domains in bulk without having to re-enter or transfer information manually.
- Automate the handling of multiple client sites. If you are a service provider, then API provides you the best method for automating your onboarding process for new client domains. Add SiteUptime’s monitoring service for each new client using the SiteUptime API. Our RESTful API makes it easy for you to connect your internal systems or third party apps like Zapier. Set your protocols and let automation take care of the rest.
- Assign actions based on real-time data. Use our API to integrate your monitoring information with PagerDuty.com or another notification system. Create webhooks that direct communications through your team’s system. Use these custom scripts to download single or multiple monitor data sets and distribute them through your customized alert and action center. With full integration, assigned engineers and developers can be kept informed and updated effortlessly. Customize your notification system further by sending out different notices based on outage times, urgency, repair progress and node locations.
- View status reports using your own control panel or dashboard. SiteUptime’s Website Monitor API allows you to track and view information in the format that your users prefer. With API, you can instantly download and integrate monitor performance information into your organization’s control panel or dashboard. Adding performance reports from SiteUptime into your existing reporting system eases communication and analysis. You can compare the performance of various web servers and web pages by downloading bulk information on all your monitors. Bring agility to your analytics with fast access to full information.
Easy to Use, Easy to Integrate
SiteUptime’s API is available free with your Standard or Pro account. By using a straightforward REST API, SiteUptime has made it easy for developers to incorporate performance details and related information into their existing environments. Getting started is simple. Following our step-by-step instructions, your developer can have you connected and in control in no time.
To connect your application to SiteUptime’s service, you’ll need to first obtain an API Key. If you are a Standard or Pro User, just access your account and select the API button. If you aren’t already a Standard or Pro, you’ll need to upgrade before the next step.
Next, choose the APIv2.0 link and create an API key. You’ll need to include this API key in the ‘X-Auth-API-Key’ header or Basic HTTP Authentication password field each time to send an API request.
Once you have the API key, follow the instruction in our API documentation for quick implementation of the tasks you want and need. If you have questions, just contact our customer service center for fast and accurate assistance.
Why SiteUptime Monitoring with API?
Minute count when your site is offline. According to Inc.com, downtime for a webstore is the “kiss of death.” Downtime costs include the loss of potential and future sales as consumers who can’t find what they want at your website will head elsewhere. Even for sites not dedicated to e-commerce downtime costs can add up quickly. Loss of production because employees can’t access data portals, tools, and apps are an unrecoverable cost.
The best approach to avoid downtime losses is a proactive one. Using SiteUptime Monitoring and integrating our data with your own instant-response plan allows you to minimize website downtimes.
Information is power. Our API system allows you to gather all the information you need in the format you want. Essential staff can be notified immediately when action needs to be taken and quickly review data using your business’s dashboard.
By integrating communications and information across our platform and yours you can get back up and running fast. Additionally, the option to download and integrate data allows you to identify trends and weaknesses across domains.
If you aren’t already a Standard or Pro User, now is the time to enroll. Start monitoring smarter with SiteUptime’s API 2.0.