You’ve got a great team and a great product, but how does your website look?
When it comes to building a business, your website is one of the most important elements to focus on.
If you’re not sure how to design one, we’ve got you covered.
Read on to learn everything you need to know about creating a successful cannabis website.
Find Your Niche
You need to make sure your site stands out from the crowd. The best way to do that is to have a very specific purpose.
Whether it’s growing weed or selling cannabis-related products, your website should fit into a specific niche within the cannabis industry.
Make Sure Your Design Is On Par With Competitors
If you have web development and design skills, great! If not, you should definitely consider hiring someone who does.
You cannabis website should be easy-to-navigate (on both desktops and mobile devices) and should include a clear call to action.
Some other things you should keep in mind when designing your website include:
- Make sure that the text on the site is large enough that it is easy to read.
- Make sure your colors contrast with each other so nothing disappears into the background.
- Be consistent with your fonts.
- Keep things clean and clutter-free.
When you’re designing your website, make sure that all the elements listed above come together in a way that is appealing to your target audience. You should like the way your site looks, but it’s even more important that the people who are going to buy your products like it.
Make Sure The Back End Works Properly
In addition to being aesthetically pleasing, a successful cannabis website includes these other important factors.
- Fast loading time. If your website doesn’t load within a few seconds, potential customers will go elsewhere.
- Constant monitoring. Something can go wrong in the blink of an eye. Even if your site is only down for a couple hours, you can still miss out on a lot of sales opportunities.
- Security. Reliable security is crucial, especially when you’re dealing with important customer details like addresses and credit card numbers. Do as much as you can to protect your site from hackers.
- Backups. An automated backup process will make it easier to get your site back up and running if it does crash or is hacked.
Include A Value Proposition
A value proposition answers the most common and important questions that people will have about your business.
- What do you do?
- What are the benefits?
- How are you unique or different?
Value propositions say a lot, but they’re tricky because you have to find a way to share your message in as few words as possible.
Include A Blog
A regularly updated blog brings tons of traffic to your site. Increased traffic means better search engine rankings, and better search engine rankings mean increased sales!
It’s not easy to maintain a blog, but consistently posting quality content will definitely pay off down the road.
The most important thing to remember when applying these tips is to be patient.
The cannabis business is booming right now, but it will still take some time to start seeing results from your business’s website. However, if you’re patient and consistent with blog posts and updates, all your hard work will definitely pay off.