There are so many places where a Monitor API can come in handy.
The internet can be a dangerous place and a rapidly changing environment. To maintain your website you need to take the right steps to make sure each of its functions is working properly all the time.
Whether it is a DDoS (denial-of-service) attacks from a malicious hacker, a server problem, or your webmaster made a few errors, you will benefit from the service of a monitoring program. All these errors could be caught using the right program.
You need to know what is happening every moment and take a comprehensive look at what your visitors see when they come to your website. If you can identify an issue then you can take the proper steps to eradicate it. With monitoring equipment, you can be sure that you will know whenever something has gone wrong right when it happens.
Keep reading to get the answers to a few questions you may be asking yourself right now.
What Monitor API to Use?
When you choose the new SiteUptime Website Monitor API, you will have the ability to control monitors from any location. It also allows you to adjust your website monitoring program and it can be used in a variety of different business situations. It is scalable whether you need to monitor one website or have to manage fifty.
Listed below are several ways you can use this incredible interface:
- The GET function of the Siteuptime Website Monitor API is incredibly useful. It can collect vast amounts of information on every monitor. You will have access to this data quickly for all of your domains. After that, you can make the changes necessary to keep your website active.
- If you use the handy GET function in combination with a single monitor’s ID number, then you can get information about that specific unit. This awesome feature gives you the ability to make scripts that integrate the information they need into a custom reporting program.
- POST and PUT are also outstanding commands. They can be updated and added through your control panel. If you are updating multiple websites at once this command can be especially helpful.
- As the handler of a variety of client’s websites, you will be able to streamline your onboarding process.
- Our RESTful API will give you the ability to connect to third party apps from your internal system. Automated protocols are the way of the future.
- You can also use information in real time to integrate your system with another notification system.
- You will be able to create web hooks that create a pipeline to direct all communications properly into your team’s system.
- When you fully automate, your engineers and developers will always be up to stay up to date with any issues. They can be sent automatic reports that can be viewed on their dashboard, the way most users think is best.
- If you use a Monitor API, you can add performance reports to your web pages. This can be beneficial to ease communication issues.
- Downloading information in bulk allows you to scan it quickly.
Integrating SiteUptime’s API
Immediately upon the creation of your Pro or Standard account, you will have the ability to begin to use this API. SiteUptime has employees who have worked tirelessly to bring your developers the best integration possible.
The first step in connecting to SiteUptime’s service is getting an API key. If you are a Pro or Standard account holder you will be able to obtain this key easily on your account’s dashboard. Simply select the API button. If you have not yet become a Standard or a Pro member, you will need to upgrade your account in order to use this service.
Once you have selected the API key option, you will choose the APlc2.0 link and create the key. You will need to include this key in all of your API request fields going forward.
Why Go Through the Trouble?
Every second that your website it down, potential customers are being turned away. You spent so much money to create your online domain and having it down at any time cuts into your profit margin.
This principle extends beyond e-commerce sites. Businesses that rely on data portals and apps will be unable to work during the time that your site is offline.
You need to take a proactive approach to ensure that your website never experiences any down time. By integrating the data we offer with your existing system, you will be able to get all the information you need to perform a quick review.
Also, using the API command functions gives you the ability to take action quickly, and en masse when necessary. Your communications will have been integrated across our platform and your websites can be live again very quickly.
How Can a Monitor API Help My Reputation?
When your website goes down, you are breaking your customer’s trust. It is a hard thing to come back from. Many companies have learned this the hard way.
Anytime a business is featured in the news for having been hacked, people are thinking to themselves that that business let it happen to them. They have no sympathy for anyone who isn’t taking every step they can to offer consistency.
If your website is hacked, you will want to know instantly. The less downtime your site has, the less your reputation will be tarnished. It can be very difficult to build back up a stable face for your company once the world knows that you are vulnerable.
Since you will have instant knowledge of any problems with your website, you can take care of any issues that might present themselves long before your customer has a chance to come across it.
Once you are informed you can use your company’s social media platform to post status reports about your website condition and let everyone know when you are back up and ready.
There are so many reasons to use a Monitor API. If you want to learn more about SiteUptime’s API monitoring systems, visit us right now.